Generac Modular Power System Series
SIMPLIFIED GENERATOR PARALLELING WITH GENERAC’S MPS
Generac has taken the complexity out of generator paralleling with our Modular Power Systems (MPS)—a transformational technology that eliminates the expense and space requirements required with traditional paralleling solutions. In the past, you had to purchase pricey third-party switchgear and then find suppliers and electricians to set-up the system and make it work when you needed it. Generac provides integrated paralleling, simplifying the entire system.
Our integrated MPS offers many benefits as opposed to the traditional single genset configuration including:
- Redundancy — In most applications, the loads that require the highest degree of reliability are only a percentage of the generator’s total capacity. We provide N+1, N+2, and more, offering up to 99.999% reliability.
- Reduced Space Requirements — Using smaller kW generators offers greater weight distribution making roof-top installations more feasible. These generators are also shorter and more compact so locating them in parking garages becomes a possibility.
- Serviceability — A single unit can be taken out of service for maintenance or repair while other units remain available should an outage occur.
- Flexibility — Gensets can be added to a current system depending on growth. This allows owners to make a smaller initial investment and scale accordingly based on increase power demands
- Fuel Redundancy — While some applications require diesel generators to meet on-site fuel requirements, our diesel generators can be paralleled with our natural gas or bi-fuel generators for significantly expanded runtimes.
- Fully Tested — Our in-house factory test lab ensures unsurpassed peace of mind because if our generators pass our tests, they’ll pass your tests, too.
And the costs to specify and install two lower kW paralleled versus one larger kW are quite similar. This makes choosing Generac’s MPS a smart decision for all types of and sizes of facilities or businesses.z