HOME BACKUP POWER. COMFORT. SECURITY. CONVENIENCE.
A permanently installed Generac home backup generator protects your NC or VA home automatically. It runs on natural gas or liquid propane (LP) fuel, and sits outside just like a central air conditioning unit. A home backup generator delivers power directly to your home’s electrical system, backing up your entire home or just the most essential items.
- Automatic Operation: Don’t worry about having to be there to start and stop your Generac home backup generator. Because it does that automatically. Whether you’re home or away.
- Refueling Not Necessary: Your Generac home backup generator runs on your existing natural gas or LP fuel supply. Save the gas cans for your other outdoor power equipment.
- Power Directly to Your Home: You’ll never have to run an extension cord through a window or door again. Your Generac home backup generator safely delivers power right to your home’s electrical panel.
- The #1 Selling Brand of Home Backup Generators: Generac created the home backup generator category. Today, our generators are preferred by 7 out of every 10 homeowners who invest in home backup power.
- 24/7/365 Customer Support: Power outages aren’t a 9-to-5 thing. That’s why we’re standing by all day every day from our headquarters to answer any questions you might have.
How It Works
A Generac home backup generator senses a power outage, turns on automatically, and delivers backup power to your home. It will run until utility power returns – whether that’s two hours or two weeks.
HOME BACKUP GENERATORS: WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?
We know a home backup generator is a big investment. Here’s what you need to know to make an informed decision about your Generac home backup generator purchase.
How Do I Choose the Right Generator for Me?
Generac has an online sizing calculator that can help you determine the right home backup generator for your unique needs. The best way, though, is to work with Alternative Power, a Generac Dealer. We’ll help you select the right generator, and provide you with a free, in-home assessment for installing a Generac generator in your NC or VA home.
How Much is Everything Going to Cost?
Generac home backup generators start at $1,949–the most cost-effective on the market. Installation costs vary by system size, installation considerations, and local building codes. We recommend getting a free, in-home assessment from Alternative Power near you.
What’s Involved in Installing a Home Backup Generator?
Installing a home backup generator is an exciting time. Your installer will prepare the installation site outside your home, place the generator, run the natural gas or LP fuel line, install the transfer switch, and make all of the necessary electrical connections. And they will make sure that your backup generator runs properly, and is ready for its first power outage.
How Do I Get Started?
You can begin exploring the full selection of Generac home backup generators. Use our interactive sizing guide to narrow down the selection. Then contact us for a free, in-home assessment. And if you have any questions, you can chat with a Generac representative.